Bright and Quirky PLLC
Effective Date: 04/9/20
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site or through our Services
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site or our Services
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party apps and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other application unaffiliated with the Services operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site or Services.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information You Provide Us. We may collect the following information from you when you use the Site or our Services:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering for Services, or requesting further services, such as, your name, e-mail address and phone number
- You provide or post in our electronic forums or discussion spaces
- Electronic, audio, or video recordings of participation in live discussions
- Records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us
- Records and copies of your correspondence with other Site users
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes or to improve our offerings
- Payment information such as your billing address
Information Collected from Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect certain information about your device, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Your device’s operating system, browser type and language
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address and geographic areas derived from your IP address
- Details of your visits to our Site including time stamped logs regarding access times and duration of visits
- Other usage data relating to your activities on our Sites, including page requests
- Websites you have viewed prior to visiting the Site
- Your online activities over a period of time (“Behavioral Tracking”)
What are cookies, web beacons and similar automatic data collection technologies and how do we use them? The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual the web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. There are several types of cookies:
- Session Cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent Cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
- First-Party Cookies are set by the site you are visiting.
- Third-Party Cookies are set by a third-party site separate from the site you are visiting.
Cookies can be disabled or removed by tools that are available in most commercial browsers. The preferences for each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options.
- Flash Cookies. Flash cookies (also known as “Local Shared Objects” or “LSOs”) are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data that is stored, as well as the way in which data is stored. Flash cookies are commonly used for advertisements and videos.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” “clear GIFs” and “single-pixel GIFs”) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive or device, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages. We use beacons for similar reasons as cookies, though beacons primarily help us better manage content on our Site by informing us which content is effective (e.g. recording the popularity of certain pages on the Site or counting the users that have opened a particular email).
Controlling cookies. For browser-specific information on how to adjust cookie configurations on the following browsers, please click on the relevant link below:
- Internet Explorer [https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer]
- Firefox [https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Cookies]
- Chrome [https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en]
For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org
How We Use Information About You
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through the Site
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website
- To contact you about our own or third parties’ goods or services that may be of interest to you, if you have given your consent
- To display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose personal information about you for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, then the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent
Disclosure of Information About You
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates (either now existing or thereby created in the future)
- To contractors, service providers and other vendors we use to support our business.These entities are by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- We use integrations from Facebook. We have no control over what information Facebook collects, or how it uses, discloses or retains your information.
Information about how Facebook uses your data when you use our Site can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented and opted-in to these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- With your consent
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Company, our customers or others.
Your Choices & Obligations
We may retain your personal data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. We determine the appropriate retention period for personal data on the basis of the amount, nature, and sensitivity of your personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, and whether we can achieve the purposes of the processing through other means, as well as the applicable legal requirements (such as applicable statutes of limitation).
We retain personal data about you while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you Services. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Site and Services. Even if you only use our Site intermittently, we will retain your information and keep your account open until you decide to close your account.
Right to Access and Control Personal Data About You
For personal data that we have about you:
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g. if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you). If you request that any of your personal data be deleted, we reserve the right to terminate and/or limit your access to the Service to the extent Services cannot be reasonably provided without that information.
- Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data, particularly if it is inaccurate. Please contact us at the email address below.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate). We reserve the right to decline or modify our response to your request, e.g., when we have a legal right or legitimate business reason for doing so.
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of personal data about you that you provided in machine readable form.
You can make requests by contacting us at: email@example.com.
Tracking Technologies and Advertising.
If you choose to delete your account, we delete closed account information within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below.
We retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our Terms of Service, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We will retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed.
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, and information access authorization controls. While we are dedicated to securing our Site and Services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your passwords and account registration information and verifying that the personal data we maintain about you is accurate and current.
Links to Other Websites
Children’s Privacy: New for COVID 19 (April 9, 2020)
Due to a need expressed by parents, Bright & Quirky is testing a number of online classes for kids.
This policy is in accordance with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), and outlines our practices in the United States regarding Children’s personal information.
Collection: Bright & Quirky will collect information about students directly from Parents, who provide us with the Child’s first name. In addition, Children may share information about themselves during online Classes via Zoom. No information is collected directly from Children until they are in the class session. During all classes sessions, parental supervision of the child at home is required, in the same room.
Use and Disclosure: Bright & Quirky will share the child’s name with the class Instructor. Children may also share information about themselves with the Instructor and the rest of their class during the Class session voluntarily. While Bright & Quirky expects Instructors and all others Users to abide by our standards of conduct, please note that we cannot control or monitor what personal information your Child shares with Instructors or other classmates, nor what those third parties ultimately do with that information, and disclaim all responsibility in that regard.
Parental Consent: Bright & Quirky will receive Child’s name when Parent enrolls for the class. If Parent chooses not to enroll, Bright & Quirky will not collect any information about the Child.
Parental Choices and Controls: At any time, you can refuse to permit us to collect further Personal Data from your Children in association with your account, and can request that we delete from our records the Personal Data we have collected in connection with that account. Please keep in mind that a request to delete records may lead to a termination of an account, membership, or other service. To make a request, send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not a Healthcare Provider
We are not a healthcare provider or a covered entity, and are not subject to federal or state laws regulating privacy, security, or confidentiality of healthcare information, such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA").
Questions or Complaints